Please Hit

Folks, This is a Free Site and will ALWAYS stay that way. But the only way I offset my expenses is through the donations of my readers. PLEASE Consider Making a Donation to Keep This Site Going. SO HIT THE TIP JAR (it's on the left-hand column).

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Romney's Big Money Man Believes Mitt's Running in 2016

The stars are beginning to point toward a Mitt Romney presidential run in 2016

Three weeks ago Mitt Romney appeared on the Hugh Hewitt program and shut the door to running in 2016 (I thought). Every commentator except for one (me) who heard the interview announced that Romney had left the door open to running.

Last week on Fox News Sunday Chris Wallace quoted Romney's answer to Hugh Hewitt (without crediting Hewitt) and directly asked him if he was willing to make a "Shermanesque comment -- commitment, absolutely will not run; if nominated, will not serve? Or are there circumstances under which you would consider running again?" Romney danced around the answer "I spoken on this topic so many times. I don't really have anything new to add, Chris. I'm not running. I'm not planning on running." The operative word was 'planning."

Today we learn that SkyBridge Capital's Anthony "Mooch" Scaramucci, one of Romney's biggest backers on Wall Street during the 2012 race, predicted on Monday that Romney would ultimately end up running if other establishment favorites like former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R), back out.
"I don’t think he’s 100% made the decision," Scaramucci said in a Fox Business interview. "But a couple of factors could happen: If Gov. Jeb Bush drops out or declares that he's not going to run, I think that puts Gov. Romney in ... position."
Scaramucci, the Romney campaign's ex-national finance co-chair, also praised the former Massachusetts governor for maintaining a "very strong following" among Wall Street bigwigs like himself.

"I can tell you right now. The governor has a very strong following, including myself. And he'd be my No. 1 draft pick," he said.
"I think he's going to do it," Scaramucci said. "I don't think there's any reason for him not to do it. His family is behind him."
You know...I am beginning to believe everyone.  Maybe he is running. Certainly as foreign policy becomes a bigger issue, the fact that almost every prediction he made in 2012 came true has to help.  But can he beat Hillary?

No comments: